How much does it cost to paint a house in Brisbane?
If you are interested in painting your house in Brisbane, you are probably wondering how much it costs. To get an accurate quote there are several factors involved:
- The type of house: Single storey or double storey.
- The house style: Is it a Queenslander house? Modern rendered house? Queenslander house are generally speaking more expensive to paint given the level of preparation required.
- The overall condition of the surfaces: is the paint flaky? Is it new construction? If the paint is flaky or not in very good condition, additional preparation is required before applying the paint.
- Does the existing paint contain lead?: Lead is a toxic substance that can affect people of any age, and it is particularly harmful to children, pregnant women and unborn babies. If your property was built before 1970, then the paint most likely contains high levels of lead. The cost of painting lead containing surfaces can be considerably higher than painting a house that does not have it as there are health and safety standards and procedures that need to be followed.
- Access equipment. If your property is a two storey or high set house may require additional equipment to reach areas that are difficult to access.
For all the reasons listed above and because no two houses are the same, we provide FREE quotes that include a thorough property inspection so we can give you an accurate price.